Thursday, February 1, 2007

Greetings from Radiator Springs (Day 5)

I don't think I've spent a more boring day in my entire life. I'm still trying to get over this cold. I'm doing better, I think.

We didn't have any training at all today. I still got up at 0600 to hit the chow hall for breakfast, came back, laid down for a little more sleep, got up, washed some clothes, went to the gym, watched some of our guys play basketball, got on the elliptical machine, went to the chow hall for lunch, got a hair cut, and watched a couple of movies.

On the other hand, I was able to get through to my wife on my cell phone. That was pretty exciting. It's a first out here in the middle of nowhere. Some of the group have dubbed this little camp, "Radiator Springs." So, we talked for a little while.

We only have about an hour of training tomorrow, but we have to wear the big vest and a pouch strapped to our leg. In addition, we get to march to the location of training. I knew it would start to get fun eventually.

On another positive note, I have been using this machine at the gym. It looks kind of like an elliptical machine, but you can set it for Cross Country, Cross Training, Fat Burner, Total Body, and other things. Today I got on it and felt pretty bad, so I only burned about 260 calories. Over the past few days, however, I've burned at least 350 calories per day on it. I've been told not to get on it tomorrow because I'm sick. So, I'll start back in a couple days.

Looks like we just got a new TSgt here, too. Haven't really met him, yet.


Gotta run,
Eric

2 comments:

SNAKE HUNTERS said...

Check our "Here's Your War" post... dont' miss the Open Forum Comment Section.

All manner of views Left & Right.

Your input valuable. reb

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

Soo Mi said...

Lots of love from your fellow 30th'ers!

Also, picked up your comic today, and started the order for two copies each until I say nay, so that I can post them to you. He didn't have a spare this month, or you'd be getting it by Wednesday.

Smoochie, blah blah, use a tissue and all that. :)