Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ground Control to Major Tom

We had a little more radio and navigation training today. Again, it was pretty fun. We used a couple of different electronic items to navigate both on foot and in a vehicle. Move around, find the specified points, write down the number, Bob's your uncle, you're back.

I guess the big thing right now is all the tension. I think the constant training and separation from family is getting to many people. We are way past the polite stage now, so there are a lot of things getting to people. Small segments of our group do act as a team, but we haven't quite formed ourselves up as a complete team, yet. I think the fact that we know we're not going to be stationed together may be a barrier to the whole team concept. We'll have to see what happens over the next two weeks.

Speaking of the hard work we've been doing and the stress we're all under, we went bowling yesterday. We had to go over to the Ft. to return some items, so we stopped in. It really was a pretty good stress relief, for the most part. I was pretty proud of my first game (158). My second game was pretty good, too (122). Anyway, it made me a little homesick to get back and watch my kids doing their bowling thing.


Guess that's all for now. Miss everyone and looking forward to getting back home,
Eric

No comments: