Friday, February 2, 2007

Running Around (Day 6)

We were actually pretty busy most of today. This morning (I was having flashbacks to Basic Training) we had to put on the body armor and strap our gas mask to our belts before marching to our first class. The air was so cold, that in conjunction with my cold/flu/allergy/whatever, my lungs were burning.

Then we headed over to the Ft. again. Several days ago we were supposed to get a lot of stuff issued from Office 'A.' But that office wouldn't give it to us, something about paperwork not being in order. So, today we went back to Office 'B' (that we had already been to) and picked up a bunch of stuff that we hadn't gotten before. To top it all off, we may have to return what we got today at Office 'B' and pick stuff up later at Office 'A.' Aaaagggghhhh!

We came back to Radiator Springs and I tried to get back over to the clinic this afternoon, but we got back too late. I thouight they'd be open later, but 4:00 pm is their closing time. I'll have to see if I can get in there at 6:00 am.

Our officers wanted us all to get suited up for a quick inspection/briefing. So we put on the gear and took everything over. They looked us over and sent us on our way.

It's so late that I'm not even going over to the Rec Center. I think I'll just stay in and study for promotion.


Already missing everybody, can't wait for March to roll around,
Eric

2 comments:

Soo Mi said...

Miss you, too.

Hey, which is worse: burning lungs or having a rudder on fire?

That's the question of the day!

Elitist City-Dweller said...

I can't honestly say which of those is worse.