Friday, February 23, 2007

On the Road Again

It's been a few days since I last posted comments here. But I'm back and ready to update you on my latest adventures. Those adventures would include some urban ops, as well as some convoy stuff. Again, I'll remind you that I don't expect my job to involve any of the above-mentioned items, but who knows.

While most of my group have been hoofing it around little fake villages, I've been in my HMMWV. As they went through this little town, building by building, I sat there with my engine idling. Whenever they needed us, they'd call us in.

Yesterday and today, however, we did some convoy stuff. Yesterday was a lot of instruction (under a tent, no seats, so it was stand, kneel, or sit on the ground). That was fun. Today, they ran us through a bunch of scenarios, in which I also drove my HMMWV, a lot. It really was pretty fun.

Now I'm down to two more days of training. I'm not sure what outbriefings we'll have to attend after that, but my return home date is still the 1st.


See you peeps later,
Eric

2 comments:

Soo Mi said...

Dude, you bringing back with you any Extra Special Baggage Requiring Gubmint Transportation?

Holder wants to know, I figure I need to let him know soon.

Elitist City-Dweller said...

I just sent him an email, so I can get official word that I don't need extra special baggage from here. If I can get it back there, it will be so much easier.