Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Fire Away

I thought today was going to be just a rehash of old stuff, but it turned out to be pretty good. We went out to fire the M-16 and M-9 again. Since I recently qualified on those weapons, I wasn't too excited. I assumed we would be getting "Army" qualified, since they don't recognize the Air Force quals.

As it turned out, it was the Air Force giving our evals. So, this one counts for everything. It is even more cool because I qualified as marksman on my M-16 today. You have to hit 43 out of 50 shots on the targets to make marksman. I hit the targets 45 times out of 50. I'm excited. Now, I get to wear the marksman ribbon. Whoo hoo!

Lastly, I want to send out a Happy Valentines to all my friends and family, expecially to my wife. I know I didn't send anything out of here, but I promise to take her out for a belated Valentine dinner when I get back home.


TTFN,
Eric

2 comments:

Soo Mi said...

Excellent on the marksmanship thingy. Do you get to wear the medal forever, or just until you qualify next? Also, do you want fries with that? :)

Elitist City-Dweller said...

I think I get to wear it forever. I've been trying to avoid fries, so maybe a little rice.