Thursday, January 18, 2007

Hurry Up And Wait... Then Really Hurry Up

"Hurry up and wait," is a phrase that we military types use or have heard many times. It means, "You'd better get there early (about 15 minutes early) and then just wait until your name is called or the meeting begins or whatever. That's the way it's been for my pre-deployment activities. I got word less than two weeks ago that I was deploying and started getting my military business taken care of. I have to leave this weekend to begin training. Luckily, I ran around like mad the last two weeks because just today I got the list of stuff I need to take with me for training. That gives me a total of two days to get the rest of the stuff on the list. Aaaaggggghhhh!

As it turned out, it was really not a big deal and I got all the things I needed for training. It's odd, though, that no organization had two heavy duty locks on hand. It was one of those things on my training items checklist that made me go, "Eh?" So, I had to pick those up at the store and just wait to get reimbursed.

On another subject, I wanted to drop a little geography lesson in here. So, see the images below. If you are having trouble seeing it, you can click on it and bring up a bigger view.




Later,
Eric

No comments: