Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ah... Saturday

It's been a bit of a lazy Saturday, though I'm supposed to be prepping to drive out of town tomorrow. I had a chance to go watch the kids bowl this morning. They did very well. They're supposed to begin a program tomorrow that used to be called "Bowl-by-Mail." They bowl and their scores are sent in and compared against other kids' scores. I hate to miss it, since it was a lot of fun for them last year. I'm sure I'll get to hear about it in emails, etc.

I had the privilege yesterday of getting my smallpox vaccination... again. I had one as a child and was told that it was supposed to last a lifetime. I found out that, in fact, it only lasts about 10 years. Joy! On top of that, if you've never had the injection before, you get three jabs with the needle. You might think that those of us who have had it before would get less. But noooooo! I had to get 15 jabs with the needle. I asked her if it wouldn't be easier just to give me a tattoo. So, now the upper arm is beginning to throb a little. Great.



Well, I'll try to post something as often as I can.
Eric

No comments: