Monday, January 29, 2007

Hello... Hello... Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

I thought for a couple days I might never see signs of civilization again. One of our crew got set up here with internet access and now, at least, I'll be able to send some emails and post to my crazy little blog here. So, let me be quick.

Flew out here to El Paso and instead of being at Ft. Bliss, like I thought, I'm at a little place called Camp MacGregor. It's still technically Ft. Bliss, but... NOT! I think it's supposed to simulate when we actually deploy... lots of sand, uniform all the time, no cell phone service. Did you hear what I said, "NO CELL PHONE SERVICE!" It's not that I'm not allowed to use my cell phone, it's just that Verizon doesn't get the service that it should.

So, my internet access will be limited and my phone contact will be almost non-existent. I'll try to post some pictures and stuff when I can.


Going to pour some sand out of my socks,
Eric

No comments: