Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Happy Mittenwoch, Chums

I'm just kind of hanging out, and have been without a computer for several days. El Paso, without a computer for a month, might just do me in. Anyway, I have one for the moment, so I might as well post something.

I've met quite a few people who will be deploying with me. I'm not sure if any of us will actually be working directly together or not, but it seems so. We're each about as clueless to the job we'll be doing as the next person. So, we sit and listen and try to take it all in.

All in all, it doesn't seem like we'll be doing anything really difficult or demanding. It does sound like it keeps out of harms way, too. Yay!

Many of these same folks will be joining me for more training in El Paso. By the end of February, we should know each other pretty well. If it follows the same path as romantic relationships, that's when the illusion ends and reality sets in. The wonderment of the initial meeting and getting to know each other phase will wear off, each others' habits will begin to get annoying, and people will feel like they know each other well enough to speak their minds. It should be loads of fun, especially with the added stress of the training we'll be receiving.


Later, Ya'll
Eric

6 comments:

Soo Mi said...

Well, it certainly seems to be uncontaminated by cheese, doesn't it?

Mittenwoch?

Beav said...

But also bear in mind that shared stress binds. As you go through stressful training and work together, that stress is something that you have in common, so you will bond to folks you normally wouldn't, much like in basic training.

Elitist City-Dweller said...

Mittenwoch = Wednesday

Elitist City-Dweller said...

I realize I posted it on Tuesday, but I figured most folks would read it on Wednesday. :)

Soo Mi said...

Ooooh! Fancy!

Beav said...

Ahh...Mittenwoch = Mid Week?

Nice.