Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ohnothimagain!

Last time I said I was slacking off with my blogging. Before then, I had just been lazy with my posting. However, a day or so after my last blog, they blocked my blog site. I can't bring it up anymore from my work computer. So, in order to post to my blog (or even to read the responses) I have to haul my backside to this little crowded computer room, which is the only place where I can access my blog.

I'd better make the best of it, since I may only have half an hour...

Believe it or not, it's beginning to warm up over here. I guess that's all relative, since it was warm to begin with. It's just beginning to get warmer. They tell me that the weather here is equivalent to North Carolina weather. I'm not sure what the high temps will be, but I don't think they will be too bad.

I told you that my activities are limited to bingo, karaoke, and watching movies and TV shows on my computer. So far, I've watched a 1970s Robert Altman film called "Nashville," the first four "American Pie" movies, several episodes of "Frazier," "Cheers," and "St. Elsewhere." I've also been working my way through some Clint Eastwood Movies. Since copyright laws don't really exist here, they have a lot of knock off movies for sale... cheap. I was able to get 35 Clint Eastwood movies for the low price of $25. I figure less than a doller per movie isn't a bad price. The quality of the films doesn't look great on my computer (and definitely not as good as a commercially available DVD), but they're watchable.

I've also won twice at bingo. It only takes about 45 minutes to go through the five games they play. The final two games are always worth some money, so it's pays to play. Plus, it's something to do.

One of the other things I was doing before I came over here was listening to podiobooks. Those are books presented as a podcast, which is like a radio show on the internet. Many people may not remember listening to radio shows like "The Lone Ranger," "X Minus One," and "The Great Gildersleeve." Currently, my favorite podcast author is Scott Sigler. He has just finished his latest podcast, The Rookie. I have a few more episodes to catch up to the end.

This coming Sunday we're taking a little time off from work to run a 5k race. I haven't been doing anything to really prepare. So, I'm not expecting to do very well. At this point I'll consider completing the race as a success.

I've also found a few books that I read from time to time. There really is no shortage of books over here. Every little recreation center or office that you walk into seems to have a bookshelf full. I've heard about a website called "books for soldiers." I haven't been able to check it out, yet, but it might be worth looking into. I think they have it set up where people donate books that are sent to soldiers over here.

Well, I guess that'll wrap it up for now. (I'm missing karaoke tonight to come over here and post my blog.)

Hope everyone stays safe back home.


Eric

2 comments:

Soo Mi said...

Did you say, "...missing karaoke..."?

Why don't I get that option when you are home? Sure, you'll miss it for your blog, but when I've got to get up at Oh-Dark-30...

nag nag nag gripe gripe gripe boo hoo.

Just thought I'd give you a little reminder of home! Cherish it always.

Anonymous said...

Hey bro......Kim and Rusty here....just thought I'd check up on ya. I guess I wont feel so bad that I havent checked back here lately since you havent posted lately. We've just been working in our yard. He bought me a swing and we spent tons on flowers. He's taking off Fridaqy to go with me to the doc. Apparently something came back slightly irregular so I have to go back. I dont think its anything. We got a dog but we havent brought her home yet. I adopted her from the Humane Society. She's the color of Simon and the size of Prissy, uncle Denton's dog. We haven't named her yet. Other than that, everything is going ok. I havent posted on my blog lately, but I intend to sometime this week, I hope. Talk to ya soon! You can call us ya know......if the chance ever comes up.