Sunday, March 18, 2007

Bring Down the Lights

For the last year or so my wife, Susan, and I have been going to this bar for karaoke. Susan doesn't sing (or at least she hasn't yet.) I do a lot of singing. Some of it, probably a lot of it, isn't too bad. Some of it, I probably should've left alone. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

A few days from now, I fly out of here. The Karaoke Jockey (KJ) at our local likes to say I'm going to be pouring sand out of my boots. He's probably right.

This past Saturday night was the last time I'll visit my little karaoke place for quite a while. It is sad. It's only been a day and I'm already missing it.

It remains to be seen if karaoke exists in the land of sand. If it does, I'll find it. I'll record it. And my local KJ says if we can put it in DVD format, he'll even 'put me in the rotation.' That's my goal.

Ah, the hopes and dreams of the excentric (or hopelessly insane.)

So, for my next number...





2 comments:

keith said...

Hey man, it was great hanging out with you and the family on Sunday. I'll email you pics of you in the "armor". Keep your head down and come back safe.

Keith

Elitist City-Dweller said...

Yeah, Susan and I enjoyed the visit. Too bad is wasn't longer.

I'll see you when I get back home.